Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

Hello All,

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

I just wanted to share with you some of the things that I made today.


These sweet little cupcake toppers are made by cutting a paper straw in half and cutting a slit in the end. I then inserted 2.5" x 2.5" fabric scraps and trimmed them to look like arrows. 


I always like to make a nice quiet dinner for two and I think they look so cute all lined up on the dining room table for dessert. 


Here is a little bouquet of beer I made up for Michael. We started the tradition about 5 years ago that I get him a dozen beers for Valentine's Day. It has gotten harder and harder over the years because Mike has turned into quite a beer snob. We get to drink 10 and 2 get put away in the pantry to age. We like to save them to open on a special occasions in the future. It has turned into a very nice tradition. I made a heart out of buttons for the outside of his handmade card and his favorite candies are in the heart container. I think he is really going to like it this year. I got him 4 of his favorite Rauchbier and the VooDoo Rogue with Maple Bacon that is getting harder and harder to find. 

I would love to hear your Valentine's traditions and what you like to make or do.

From Megan With Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment