Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Inspiration With Love

Hello Friends,

This holiday season I dreamed of travel and visiting my Mother's house. The snow downtown in the city and blanketing the forest in her backyard has Colored Me Inspired to sew. Inspiration can strike at any time. I am inspired by photos so I wanted to share with you some photos that inspire me to sew.

The inspiration all began with a photo. I have a deep love of travel and seeing a retro airstream makes my heart melt. I love to dig through my vintage aqua Ball Mason Jars with Zinc lids to pull out ribbon scraps to make inspirational palettes on my home studio design wall. 

The colors of nature are mirrored in the downtown urban environment. The patterns and symmetry are calming to me. I get an overwhelming sense of calm with the silence in nature. Inspiration can hit you at any time. Sometimes you just have to stop and take a deep breath to see the beauty around you. The squirrel in the bottom right corner made his impromptu debut at a park photo shoot. He is proof that both worlds of urban and nature can come together and overlap to provide perfect moments. 
Can't you just see the triangles as a table runner. Lindsay from Hawthrone Threads called my collage "very photo montage meets table runner." Now I just have to do a triangle table runner for Mom this weekend.
I would love to hear what inspires you.
From Megan With Love

No comments:

Post a Comment